A local resource for financial and home-related education, we try to adapt our course offerings to fit what you most need to know. Check out our Facebook and Twitter pages for those class dates and times! Our YouTube videos will give you an idea what some of our workshops are like.
All sessions are held at 1937 South Park Avenue, most from 9am to 1pm.
Call 823-3630 to pre-register, it helps us make sure we provide enough coffee.
In 2014, we will be hosting the following workshops:
The Truth About Foreclosure
- There are many misconceptions out there about foreclosures. If you are facing foreclosure, what do you need to know?
First-time Homebuyer Class
- An eight-hour class that meets mortgage education requirements
- What will you do if someone steals your identity? Do you know where to begin? You will after attending this workshop!
- This workshop will alert you to sleazy new debt collection practices and how to get those important FTC alerts; how to choose a credit card and what to do if you credit needs help!
Stop the Harassment
- Are you getting harassing (and possibly illegal) phone calls from creditors? Find out what they can and can't do, and what you can and can't do about it, in this important workshop.
- Find out about loan scams, sub-prime and predatory lending schemes and how not to be a victim of loan fraud
Radon is a radioactive - and potentially deadly - gas which enters homes from the ground below. Bad news? Western New York has unusually high radon levels. Good news?, Testing is quick and easy. Attend one of our radon workshops, with guest presenter Frank Scarpinato from Erie County Environmental, and get a free test kit to determine the health and safety of your home. Call ahead to register at (716) 823-3630.