A team of weatherization professionals will evaluate and weatherize your home, creating a more comfortable and efficient environment.
We are now coordinating services with NYSERDA’s EmPower program. No need to call two organizations/businesses, we can now provide both!
The Weatherization Assistance Program features an experienced team who can conduct an energy audit and weatherize your home, including weather-stripping and caulking of doors and windows; cleaning, testing, and repairs of heating systems; adding insulation to walls and ceilings; and minor repairs as needed. After weatherization, another inspection will follow to check quality and effectiveness and the energy reduction items installed.
The program helps to improve a home so that it stays cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Most of the homes in Buffalo are poorly insulated, and sealing them up can save homeowners hundreds of dollars on their utilities. The programs offered by NHS of South Buffalo are for both homeowners and tenants.
Check out our YouTube to see examples of the different services weatherization can encompass!
Applicants must meet income requirements, and the building must lie within our service area. [MAP]
Tenants who meet the income requirements may apply, though the landlord may be required to pay up to a quarter of the costs.
- Program is available for both tenants and landlords. If the property owner does not meet the income guidelines they are required to pay 25% of the total cost of the project.
- The house must be a safe work environment for the work crews. Any health hazards must be repaired before weatherization can begin.
- NHS of South Buffalo cannot provide weatherization on the same property more than once.
- Household income must meet guidelines for the Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP).
- For information on the current household size and income limits please visit our Facebook or Tumblr sites.
You can now print out an application online!
Click here for the 2014 Weatherization Assistance Program Application
Click herefor 2014 Weatherization Assistance Program Energy Information