Commercial Facade Loan Program
The purpose of the loan program is to promote business areas in South Buffalo by providing low-interest loans to existing small businesses and attract new business development in South Buffalo.
Intended to repair and enhance building exteriors, some of the potential projects include: Landscaping; Lighting; Paving; Siding removal/replacement; and Painting signage. More projects and details can be found on the eligibility page.
This is a 50-50 match program: NHS of South Buffalo will provide financing to match small business funds. For example, if your business has $2,000 in funding, NHS of South Buffalo can provide an additional $2,000, leaving you with $4,000 for the project.
To apply, call our loan officer, Pamela Tait-Kwiatkowski at (716) 823-3630 x109.
For full details on eligibility, click here.
- All projects must meet zoning and permit requirements.
- Businesses must possess all applicable business licenses.
- Taxes on the real property must be paid in full. All other taxes (i.e., payroll, etc.) must be paid to date.
- Design Standards
- Architectural plans may be required. If so, that cost will be paid by the applicant and is not an eligible cost under the loan program. Matching funding provided by the applicant to the repair costs cannot include the architectural fees.
- All signage must meet local sign moratoriums in design nature, complementary to the existing signage and neighborhood appearance.
- A preliminary design plan, including two written contractor's estimates that satisfy local zoning and permit requirements must be submitted at time of application.
- The interest rate is 3% for up to $10,000 at a maximum term of 5 years.
- Applicable closing costs can be included in the loan (i.e. credit reports, filing fees, etc.)
- Funding is limited and may be denied due to availability.