If you would like to see copies of recent press releases and newsletters, check out our Press page!
Programs Not Currently Offered
A special, limited time program for South Buffalo homeowners providing a mix of grants and loans to repair your roof.
A special, limited time program for homeowners in our Weatherization Service Area [MAP]. We installed new air conditioner units in homes where a medical condition makes the heat more than just unpleasant, but possibly deadly.
Unfortunately, there is much more need than there is funding, and we could not help everyone who needs it. And until the state gives us the money we cannot purchase any units, so if you need an air conditioner as soon as possible, we do not recommend waiting for this program.
- Due to limited state funding, we cannot provide air conditioner units for everyone who meets the eligibility requirements. The last day to apply was Friday, July 13th. A drawing to determine who will receive air conditioners was held on July 27th.
- The home must lie within our service area. Homes outside this area must contact a different organization for air conditioners. [MAP]
- Households that have a working air conditioner or have received one from the State in the last 10 years are not eligible.
- At least one household member must be diagnosed with a chronic or acute medical condition which is aggravated by exposure to heat.
- You must provide recent (from the last six months) written documentation from your doctor stating that air-conditioning assistance is critical to prevent a heat emergency.
- Household income must meet guidelines for the Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP).
- Home must be within the City of Buffalo.
- Home must be owner-occupied.
- Projects must be completeable within a short window of time.
- Limited funding available, projects are approved on a first come, first served basis.
- Household income must be less than 80% of area median income. If your family size is not shown, call to ask the income limit.
|Annual Income Limit||$35,700||$40,800||$45,900||$50,950||$55,050|